Where we hope to get lost next:

  • Where we hope to get lost next:
  • April 2024: Africa - Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe

Tuesday 28 May 2019

Day 1 - Sydney to Geneva - may 28

It would be possible, maybe, to travel with 10kg of checked luggage if we weren’t travelling to Switzerland before nice sunny, Sicily. Because, I have 4250g of cold and/or walking stuff.  My checked bag is 15 kg and my carry on is 3kg.  Ronnie's checked bag is 17 and his carry on is 10kg.  We will be posting some things home after we leave Switzerland.

I updated my credit card with booking.com ages ago but apparently you have to go into each booking and also update your card there. One hotel cancelled our apartment in Zermatt and I had to frantically navigate their German website as the apartment (the only one left on their site) reappeared there but not on booking.com and I rebooked it - accommodation is difficult to get last minute in Zermatt at reasonable prices.  The other apartment effected was in Varenna but thankfully they emailed to say the credit card didn’t work and we updated it. Thank goodness for the internet. 

Flying Qatar Airlines the first leg of the flight from Sydney to Doha was absolutely full.  Flight attendants had trouble meeting passenger needs.  The second flight from Doha to Geneva had a total of 50 passengers.  I got to lie down full length on three seats and had a good 4 hours sleep.
Our first sight of Mont Blanc from the plane!